Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tarte Cosmetics - Call of the Wild Palette

When I saw this Tarte Call of the Wild eye shadow pallet on QVC, I didn’t hesitate to buy it.  I have the Tarte neutralEYES Eye Shadow Palette Volume II ( Tarte neutralEYES Eye Shadow Palette Volume II Review ) and I love it so I wanted a second Tarte palette for my collection.  All eye shadows are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, phthalates, phthalates and sodium lauryl sulfate. 

This pallet is a collectors, limited edition eye shadow pallet, featuring 8 full size shadows. 


They are encased in a spotted animal print patent leather-like packaging and includes a nice sized mirror.  

Colors from left to right: Jungle,(medium brown w/gold shimmer) Meow (gold/copper shimmer), Call (peach matte), Instinct (off white shimmer – lots of shimmer), Wild (Deep red-brown shimmer), Lynx (cool greyish beige matte), Primal (grey shimmer), Roar (blue/grey shimmer).








I think these colors are beautiful and would look nice on any skin tone.  As with all Tarte eye shadows, they are soft and velvety smooth and have good staying power.  My only complaints would be that the three colors on the left, Meow, Jungle and especially Call, aren't very pigmented.  I had to pick up a lot of shadow on my finger to get the colors to show on my skin for this swatch.  My other complaint would be that this kit did not come with a double ended brush like Tarte’s other palettes.  I really like their brushes!!  Overall though, I like the palette and think it would be a great addition to any collection.  I purchased mine at QVC for $36.00.  It is also available at Ulta.
Do you have the Call of the Wild palette?  What are your thought about it?
I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Take care,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment