Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the Balm NUDE'tude Eye Shadow Palette

Hello Everyone,

I know this isn’t a new palette but it is new to me.  I never purchased the Urban Decay nude eye shadow pallets because I thought they were very expensive and looked a little too shimmery for me.  I like a little shimmer but not a lot.  I’ve wanted to purchase the Balm Nute’tude pallet for quite a while because I thought it was similar to the Urban Decay Naked pallets without as much shimmer... and was more affordable.  When I saw it on Hautelook for half the price of retail, I went for it! 
I am so impressed with this palette and am really enjoying it. It has great shades from soft to dark which can be used to create many looks. They are very pigmented shadows with a soft texture that apply and blend beautifully. 
Top row from left to right:
Sassy is a frosty white; Stubborn is peachy-pink; Selfish is a beautiful, shimmery taupe; Sophisticated is a shimmery bronze-brown; Sexy is a matte burgundy; Serious is a matte black.

Bottom row from left to right:
Snobby is a shimmery yellow. I love this color.  I dab a light layer of this on my eyelid and inner corner; Stand-offish is frosty pinkish color; Sultry is a matte medium tan-brown; Seductive is a gorgeous frosty brown – one of my favorites in the palette; Silly is a glittery red-brown and is my least favorite shadow in the palette; Sleek is a highly pigmented matte dark brown.
I like Stubborn and Stand-offish but they are almost the identical color so I find it odd that both are included in the palette.
My favorite look is Snobby on the lid and inner corner, Stand-offish or Stubborn in the crease and Seductive on the outer V.
Included with the palette is a double ended brush that’s not very good quality and I probably won’t ever use it.
I highly recommend this palette.  It’s retails for $36.00 but I bought it on Hautelook for $18.00.  If you want the palette and don’t want to pay full price, keep an eye on Hautelook (http://www.hautelook.com/) because they have a sale on The Balm products about every six months.
I hope you are having a beautiful day.
Take care,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment