Thursday, September 27, 2012

September 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA

Hello Everyone,

I received my GLOSSYBOX this past Saturday.  As usual, I’m thrilled with the products.


September GLOSSYBOX
GKHAIR Moisturizing Shampoo
Nourished with plant extracts, this superior smoothing shampoo will purify and moisturize the scalp and hair.  Price of full size $20.00 / 10.1oz

GKHAIR Moisturizing Conditioner
This gentle moisturizing conditioner puts the finishing touch on your tresses and leaves your hair smooth, radiant, and revitalized.  Price of full size $20.00 / 10.1oz



GKHAIR Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
I have never heard of GKHair, so I did a little research.  Its former name is Global Keratin and is rebranding as GKHair.  I was going to use the shampoo and conditioner last night but when I went to read the directions it said “see website for directions”.  I went to their website and these two particular products (Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner) are not listed.  This leads me to believe these are older products that they no longer offer.  Also the name Global Keratin is still on the bottle.

Kryolan for Glossybox Moisture Rich Lipstick in GLOSSY pink
Treat your lips to a creamy, long lasting lipstick enriched with Vitamin E to stimulate and hydrate your lips.  This perfect pop of GLOSSY pink compliments all skin tones and lifestyles.
Price of full size $14.00 / 0.14oz



Kryolan for Glossybox in GLOSSY pink
This is a nice creamy rosey pink lipstick.  I haven’t used it so I can’t comment on the long lasting claim but I did swatch it on the back of my hand and had to work hard to get it off so that’s a good sign.

Misha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF42
Hailing from Korea, this Blemish Balm, also known as BB Cream is a multi-tasking powerhouse for the face.  This multi-use cream provides light coverage, soothes, protects, and moisturizes.  Price of full size $29.99 / 1.69oz


Misha M Perfect Cover BB Cream

I was very excited to receive this “sample”…it’s a full size!!!  I’ve been reading articles and watching videos about BB creams and have never purchased any.  I put a bit on the back of my hand and it is so incredibly smooth and creamy.  I have combination to oily skin and I while I think this product will be too oily for my skin, I’m looking forward to trying it.  Maybe I can use it as a weekend foundation when I’m running errands or staying home.

OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel
This innovative mattifying gel lets you get control of your shine all day long.  Clinically tested, this one of a kind gel keeps shine down while helping you achieve a fresh flawless even tone look.  For all skin types.  Price of full size $30.00 / 1.6oz



I am always thrilled to get anything that says it's mattifying.  This is a full size “sample” and costs  $30.   Now knowing anything about the product, I did a little research.  The website says:

For years, photographers and makeup artists have used a secret weapon for shine-free results: OC8® Professional Mattifying Gel.
With OC8’s 8-hour formula featuring ACRYSORB®, micro-particles trap facial oils to reduce shine and redness for up to eight hours. You’ll get beautiful, worry-free results that last all day.
OC8 is clinically proven to reduce shine and improve the appearance of facial foundation. It can be used after your regular facial cleansing and moisturizing routine and before applying makeup.

I’ve been using the OC8 for four days now and I love it.  I use about a pea size amount of the product, dot it all over my face, rub it in with my fingers and let it sink in before applying my foundation.  I apply my makeup around 4:30AM on weekdays and I notice just the smallest bit of shine on my nose around 3:00PM in the afternoon.  I’ve read reviews where some people had to use more than a pea size amount of the product before it worked for them so adjust the amount you use accordingly.  The scent isn’t very pleasant - I think it smells like plastic.   It does disappear after you get it rubbed into the skin.  I am very happy with this product and I will definitely repurchase it after this tube is gone.

Did you receive the September GLOSSYBOX?  What did you think about the products.

I hope you all are having a great day.

Take care,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment