Thursday, February 2, 2012

My First Glam Bag by MyGlam

Glam Bag is a monthly subscription service similar to Birchbox. It costs $10 a month and you receive a custom Glam Bag (actual makeup bag) filled with 4 or 5 full-sized or deluxe-sized samples of beauty products (cosmetics, skin care, hair care). Glam Bag started in December of 2011 and was created by several YouTube "beauty guru's".  It was so popular they sold out of their December Glam Bag and had to stop accepting subscriptions.  They opened subscriptions again in late December, so I was able to sign up then. When you first join the site, you take a beauty quiz to create your personalized beauty profile. Then every month you are sent a bag of goodies for $10 (includes shipping and handling)!  You can join by the month, or a year at a time.

My January Glam Bag contained:
  • Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioner (2 fl oz)
  • Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Mask (6 fl oz - full size product)
  • SheerCover Duo Concealer in Light/Medium
  • The Balm Shady Lady Eyeshadow in Luscious Lani (full size product) 

Freeman’s Peel-Off Mask in Cucumber: This is fairly sticky when applying it to the face. The directions say it takes 5 minutes to dry but I find it takes much longer then that. Maybe I put too much on. It feels cool and tingly on my skin and once it dries it peels off easily. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and looks a little brighter and firmer. I love facial masks and use several brands from high end to drug store and I really liked this Cucumber mask. I will most likely purchase it when this tube is gone.

Wen Sweet Almond Mind Conditioner: Please see my blog review below.  Didn't care for it....won't purchase it.

Sheercover’s concealer in light/medium: This has good coverage and a very creamy consistency. I did feel like I needed to set the concealer with a bit of powder.  I like that it comes with a light and a medium shade. 

The Balm Shady Lady Eyeshadow: I love this eyeshadow!!!  I love the color and the pigmentation is amazing. I would say this color is very similar to Urban Decay Sin - just not quite as shimmery as Sin. The container is very large and will last me a long while. I had never heard of The Balm cosmetics but I like this eyeshadow so much that I am anxious to buy more.

This Glam Bag was a great value.  Just the eyeshadow alone cost $16.00.  I like it better than Birchbox because the samples are from popular brands and the sizes are much larger than the "deluxe" samples you receive from Birchbox.  You can subscribe to the MyGlam My Bag at www.myglam.com.

Do any of you subscribe to the Glam Bag or Birchbox?  Which one do you prefer?

Take care and I hope you're having a great day!
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment