Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

I’ve seen this product many times on QVC and was never really interested in trying it.  Except for my Macadamia Nut Healing Oil, I don’t spend a lot of money on my hair care products.  Wen products are rather expensive.  But, I received the Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner in my January GlamBag (blog post on GlamBag coming soon), so I gave it a try.
The cleansing conditioner is a non-foaming formula and is free of sodium laurel sulfates and detergents.
The directions vary depending on your hair length.  Cleansing Conditioner should be applied in four sections: crown, nape, ends on the right, and ends on the left.  For my hair, (shoulder length) use a minimum of 16 pumps (four pumps per section). I didn't have a pump bottle, so I just took a guess on how much to use.  Massage the conditioning cream into scalp for 3 minutes and comb through to the ends.  Leave conditioner on hair for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse.
 Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
Using the cleansing conditioner was a big difference for me.  It’s probably just mind over matter, but when I use regular shampoo and get a good head of suds, I feel like I’m getting my hair and scalp clean.  Using this conditioner, there were no suds and I just kept massaging and massaging my scalp hoping I got my scalp and hair clean.  I combed it through my hair and left it on for five minutes before rinsing.  I wrapped my hair in a towel for about five minutes and when I removed the towel and ran the comb through my hair I didn’t have any tangles.  The comb went straight through my hair, which was very nice because I usually have a lot of tangles.    After I dried my hair, it felt soft and smooth but it seems very heavy and weighed down, it's not as full as when I usually wash it.  I didn’t notice any increased shine, in fact, I think it looks dull.
All of that being said, I won’t be purchasing the Wen Cleansing Conditioner.  I feel like my regular shampoo, conditioner and Macadamia Nut Healing Oil does a much better job on my hair.  Wen is also a bit expensive for me.  A 32 ounce bottle costs $49.50 plus $7.95 for shipping on QVC.
Have any of you tried the Wen Cleansing Conditioner?  I'd love to know what you thought about the product!!
Take care,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. It is really an expensive product. I don't think I'll ever pay that much for a shampoo and conditioner.
    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Joanne. I get good results from products that are a lot less expensive than Wen. I know a lot of people love Wen, but it just didn't work well for me.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete