Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil and Lip Liner Pencil

I've been searching for an eyeliner that doesn't start to slide a few hours after I apply it.  All the eyeliners I have tried seems to "feather" on the inner corner of my eye.  Sort of like a lipstick feathers when you have lines and wrinkles around the mouth area.  Well.......not all of you have that problem, but at my age, I do! 

I've tried several products, from high end to drugstore, and had the same results.  I heard a lot of good things about Estee Lauder's Double Wear products, so I decided I'd try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil.  The color I purchased was Onyx.

This eyeliner is fabulous!  It is highly pigmented and glides on smoothly without any tugging.  Only the slightest pressure is needed to create the perfect line.  The color, once in place, lasts all day and looks good until I take it off.  It sets quickly, which might be a negative if you want to smudge it.  You'd have to smudge very quickly after applying the liner.  I don't smudge my liner, so it isn't a problem for me. It comes with a smudge sponge on the opposite end.  If you are looking for a eyeliner that stays put all day then look no further!!

I wanted to try some other colors so purchased the Bronze and the Black Plum.  They are beautiful colors. 


Since I had good results with the eyeliner, I decided to give the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil a try.  I have that "feather" issue on my lips! Not an attractive look.  I purchased the color Tawny (see color above).  The lip pencil is just as good as the eyeliner.  It goes on smoothly and stays on all day. It does not feather or smudge and it looks great by itself with just a touch of lip gloss. It comes with a brush on the opposite end. There is a nice variety of shades and I look forward to buying more of them.

The cost of the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil is $20.00 and the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil is $19.00.  These are not automatic, twist up pencils, they will need sharpened.  I purchased mine at Macy's.  They are also available at www.esteelauder.com and the shipping is free on any item!!


If you have "feather" problems with your eyeliner or lip products, give the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place products a try.  I think you'll be glad you did!

Take care,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment