Sunday, February 5, 2012

L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Review

I received a sample of the L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Nourishing Oil in one of my Birchboxes.  I can’t remember if it was November or December.  I found it in the drawer where I keep all my sample items and decided to give it a try.
According to L’Oreal, the Mythic Oil is:   beautifying oil enriched with a complex of avocado and grape seed oils to deliver unique benefits to the hair without weighing it down. Hair is nourished, repaired and protected from external aggressions and shine is restored leaving hair supple and soft to touch. Avocado oil, rich in fatty acids and Omegas 3, 6 and 9 nourish, while grape seed oil packed with vitamins and essential fatty acids penetrates quickly to nourish hair deeply and powerfully.
I washed my hair as normal and left it wrapped in a towel for a few minutes to soak up the excess moisture.  I have thick hair, so I put a nickel size amount of the nourishing oil in the palm of my hand and warmed it by rubbing my hands together.  The consistency of the L’Oreal Mythic Oil is a little thinner then the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment I use.  I ran my hands through my hair to distribute the oil from the mid section to the ends and concentrated a little more on my ends.  It blended into my hair very easily and has a light, fresh scent.
I am so pleased with the results of this product.  After I dried my hair, I noticed immediately how soft and supple it was.  The ends of my hair looked smooth and less frizzy.  My hair had a nice shine and there was no greasy feeling at all.  The scent does stay in the hair, but it is very subtle and smells really nice.  I keep running my hands through my hair because it’s so soft!!!  When I have finished with my Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment, it will be replaced by the L’Oreal Mythic Nourishing Oil.  I highly recommend it.
You can purchase L’Oreal Mythic Nourishing Oil on www.amazon.com (sellers and prices vary).  You can also purchase 4.2 ounce bottle for $20.99 at www.sleekhair.com.   Birchbox (www.birchbox.com) sells it but just like all products sold by Birchbox, they charge more, $32.00 for a 4.2 ounce bottle.  The L’Oreal website says it’s available in fine hair care salons but none in my area sold it.  As a comparison, the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment costs $39.00 for 4.2 ounces.
Have any of you tried the new L’Oreal Mythic Nourishing Oil?  Do you use hair oil treatments?  If so, which products do you use and how do you like them? 
I hope you're all having a great day!!
Kat

2 comments:

  1. Hello - do you know if you can buy it at drugstores too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I can't apologize enough for not responding sooner to your response. I didn't see the comment until today.

      No, I haven't found the L'Oreal Mythic Nourishing Oil at any drug store, or hair / makeup store (such as Ulta). I've only found it online. The website says it's available in some salons and if I remember correctly, you can do a search for where it is sold on the L'Oreal website.

      Sorry again for my late response. Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

      Kathy

      Delete