Sunday, July 10, 2011

Laura Geller Weekend Foundation

I wanted to find a foundation to use on the weekends that was lightweight, but had enough coverage to hide some age spots that I have on my face.  Unfortunately, due to way too many years of tanning, I have age spots on my cheeks.  I don’t like going anywhere without some type of foundation on my face to cover the spots.  As you know from my last foundation post I love the Chanel foundation, but since it’s so expensive I don’t want to use it on the weekends when I am just doing errands or sitting outside on the patio.

This search didn’t take as long as my previous foundation search.  What did I find, you ask?  Laura Geller’s Balance and Brighten foundation with SPF 15. 


It’s a color correcting foundation that starts out as a liquid and is baked until it becomes a powder.  It is mineral oil and paraben free and has the age-fighting, anti-oxidant protection of Centella Asiatica and White Tea.   I purchased the Laura Geller Lightness of Beauty 6-piece Color Collection from QVC (Item #A215552).   You can buy just the foundation for $35.00 (www.laurageller.com), or buy this collection from www.qvc.com for $59.76 and get the foundation, a whipped blush, eyeshadow & highlighter quad, eyeliner and a retractable baked powder brush

I’ve never used a powder foundation before so I was a bit hesitant to order it, but I have to say it is a really nice foundation.  It is weightless, buildable and leaves my skin feeling fresh and smooth.  It’s so weightless that it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing any foundation at all!  It doesn’t settle in my pores,  it covers my age spots beautifully and really evens out my skin tone.  It has just the slightest bit of shimmer which I really like.  I have to say though, that it doesn’t last all day.  I can see my t-zone start to shine after about four hours or so.  I didn’t use a primer, so that might help.  I just applied it after I used my moisturizer.  I also didn’t care for the retractable baked powder brush. It seems like the bristles are too long and doesn’t pick up enough product.  I use an Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush.  I like it much better.
 All in all, I would highly recommend this foundation if you’re looking for something light to wear during the summer.

Just a few comments about the rest of the products in the kit.  The eyeshadow and highlighter colors are beautiful and apply nicely.  The eyeliner is waterproof and is a charcoal gray color.  The blush is a whipped blush, which I don’t care for.  I have a hard time applying it and getting it blended before it dries.  I doubt I’ll use it much.  The lip gloss is a beautiful shimmery coral color and I absolutely love it.  I apply it lightly over a neutral colored lip liner. 

If you’ve never tried Laura Geller before, this is a great starting kit.  You get a lot of products for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment