Monday, July 18, 2011

Great Hair Care Products at a Great Price




When I was a young girl, the kids at school would call me "frizzhead". Guess I don't need to tell you what my hair looked like when I was young!!! :) My hair was blonde, really curly and frizzy. My mom always had it cut short, in a "pixie" cut. Of course, I always wanted long, straight, smooth hair. You always want what you don't have, right??

Fast forward 30 years, and I now have straight hair thanks to professional relaxers. For the last 10 years, I've been getting a relaxer treatment put on my hair and I absolutely love it. I get a relaxer because it still leaves some body to my hair whereas a straightener is completely straight. My hair designer uses a Paul Mitchell relaxer and it cost around $100 A straightener would cost around $300.

Like all chemical products used on hair, the relaxer really dries out my hair, especially on the ends where I have a lot of breakage.  To help with that I've always purchased Nexxus products or Kenneth products (my salon brand) for hair conditioners. Both of those brands costing more money then I want to spend for hair conditioner.

I had the relaxer put on my hair in June and instead of leaving the salon with a expensive conditioner, I decided to research drugstore brands to see if I could find a good one that worked as well as a high end conditioner. The first drugstore brand I choose was Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition for dry/damaged hair. I purchased the Triple Nutrition Extra Nourishing Cream Shampoo. the Triple Nutrition Conditioner and the Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment.


I've been using the products for a little over a month now, and what a difference they made in my hair. My hair is thick, feels very soft, silky and really healthy. I absolutely love it. The product says it will make your hair 3X stronger and I really believe it does. I don't have near the breakage at the ends that I used to have. I use the shampoo and conditioner every day, and the Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment every two days.

Last week I went to my hair salon to have my hair cut and when my hair stylist was running her fingers through my hair she said, "I don't know what you're using on your hair but it feels fantastic and is in great condition". Well, that pretty much says it all!!!

I purchased my Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition products at my local Walgreens store and the cost was three products for $9.99. What a bargain for soft, silky, healthy hair!! I will be using these products for a very long time!!

3 comments: