Saturday, July 23, 2011

July Birchbox

Birchbox is a monthly membership that you subscribe to, and for $10.00 a month (that includes shipping) you receive four to five deluxe samples of name brand products to try.  If you like any of the products, you can purchase them through Birchbox at a discounted price.

Birchbox enlisted designer, Cynthia Rowley, to guest curate this month's box.  I have to admit, I had to google her to find out who she is.  According to her website, she is a “fashion and style authority with a namesake collection that includes women’s wear, beachwear and wetsuits, men’s wear, eyewear, handbags, shoes, baby, home sewing products, tools, legwear, shapewear, and ‘dress-up’ band-aids”.
OK.... on to my Birchbox.  This is what the box looked like when I opened the shipping box.
 This is the pretty cover that was on the box

The card introducing Cynthia and product listing on the back

 After removing the paper

The products
Products in the box were:
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple – one-step facial cleanser - A pH-balanced cleanser that gently clears away dirt, oil and makeup without drying out skin. 
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-usage Dry Oil – A multi use oil that gives face and body a pretty glow (minus any slickness) and it works to smooth flyaways, too.
- Redken Shine Flash – Weightless spray gives hair a brilliant finish.
- Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Pandora color – Creamy, slightly metallic nude.
- Kind Almond & Apricot Fruit & Nut Bar – No preservatives or hard-to-pronounce ingredients.
I am really looking forward to trying these products and will let you know what my opinion is after I’ve used each product for awhile.  I already use the Philosophy Purity facial cleanser and I really like it.  It removes my makeup and eye makeup quite well and does not dry out my skin!!  (I gave my sample to my sister to try).

To sign up for Birthbox, go to www.birchbox.com.  Birchbox does not ship internationally, but there are similar programs in the UK from www.glossybox.co.uk and http://signup.boudoirprive.co.uk/. 
Take care!!

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Bella,
    WOW, you got lots of nice things in your Birchbox. The Zoya nail polish is such a pretty colour.
    Have a really great weekend!!
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx
    http://agelesssecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete