Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tarte neutralEYES Eye Shadow Palette Volume II - Review

I love Tarte Cosmetics. I've tried their eye shadow, eye primer, cream stick blush, mascara (Lights, Camera, Action is my all time favorite mascara) and their emphasEYES aqua gel liner.

I was in Sephora a month or so ago, and I purchased the Tarte neutralEYES Eye Shadow Palette Volume II. It included a full size emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner in brown, a double-ended eye shadow brush and a free sample of lifted natural eye primer with Firmitol.

My first thoughts about this palette was how beautiful the packaging was. The color on the outside is a beautiful rich purple with a leather like feel. There is a place on the inside to hold the brush and eyeliner. It's so easy to pop in a suit case or in a cosmetic bag. Very travel friendly.

 
The eye shadow colors in this palette are gorgeous. They are blendable and soft, highly pigmented and last all day. A little goes a long way. The colors would look nice on any skin tone and I think they are all wearable. Some palettes come with colors I'd never use, but I've used every color in this palette. There are five matte colors and five shimmering colors. Since I'm middle aged, I don't wear shimmer eye shadows very often, but these have just the right amount of shimmer, perfect for any age!


top row (L-R): matte soft beige, matte pink cashmere, matte buttercream, matte pebble, matte espresso
bottom row (L-R): shimmering whisper pink, shimmering golden peach, shimmering hazel, shimmering plum
smoke, shimmering cinnamon (my camera didn't do the best job of showing the true colors...trust me, they are gorgeous.)

The double-ended brush is very nice. I use the rounded end of the brush to apply my base coat of shadow, then use the blunt end to tap on the color into my crease. I find that's the best way to apply this eye shadow, with a tapping motion. Then the rounded end of the brush nicely blends everything. Another reason this palette is travel friendly...you only need to take one eye shadow brush and it stores in the case.
 
The emphasesEyes aqua gel liner is a very unique formula. It takes a lot of practice to use them. The tip will break off easily, so you need to be very light-handed when applying. The lighter the pressure, the better. It goes on very wet so you can blend it out if you want. I had a very difficult time using it under my bottom eyelashes. It kept clumping in my lower eyelashes and I just couldn't get it to look nice. I do not recommend the emphasesEyes aqua gel liner.

However, the Tarte eye shadows have a huge payoff, and I highly recommend them. I also like the fact that they are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, phthalates and sodium lauryl sulfate. I loved this palette so much I bought one for my sister for her birthday. She loves it!

The palette comes with a chart showing each eye shadow color and inside are two different instructions pamphlets, one for a day look and one for a night look,

You can purchase this palette at www.sephora.com or at www.tartecosmetics.com.  The cost is $44.00 and if you consider the amount of products you are getting, it's a great value!

Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment