Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My First Entry


So...this is my first blog entry.

A little bit about me. I'm happily married and 48 years old. Seriously?!? The last time I looked in the mirror, I was 28 years old. Where did the time go??
I started this blog because I wanted a place where I could write about being a woman who is going through all things middle aged. Things like menopause, wrinkles, sleepless nights, going from a size 4 when I was 28 to a size 10 now at 48. Things like why it's so hard to lose weight at this age and why the heck is it so hot in here!?! :)

There are hundreds of blogs and YouTube vidoes regarding makeup and skin care products, but I haven't run across many that are for mature skin. Most of them are for young women in their teens, twenties and thirties, who wear dark smokey eyes, glitter eyeshadow, can create "cat eyes" with their eyeliner, wear a size zero and have bigger makeup budgets then I will ever have. When I was that age, Cover Girl was my "Holy Grail" (a term they use in their vidoes when they've found the ultimate product).

This blog will review makeup and skin care for "mature skin". I'll discuss makeup tips and products that I've found that help with fine lines and wrinkles. I'll discuss exercise, vitamins and supplements, and even some tasty and healthy recipes (yes, I used tasty and healthy in the same sentence).

So, please join me in my journey through middle age and join in the conversation. I think we'll have some good conversations and some good laughs along the way.

Take good care of yourself....

No comments:

Post a Comment